- Hits: 1126 1126
The US DOL ETA grant, which provides funding for a two-year period, will assist with:
- Providing comprehensive skills assessment at the student’s point-of- entry, including an interview to ascertain strengths, interests, and skill sets not just academic level;
- Offering Flexible Learning options giving the student a customizable, on-demand program that meets their unique needs;
- Redesign of developmental education including self-paced math and eight week mini-sessions of English and reading;
- Student support services including a Success Manager to guide students throughout the development of an Individual Guidance Plan and auxiliary services;
- Mobile Learning will give students an opportunity to learn with a tablet computer through which they will access online courses, educational applications by the thousands along with training simulations, and the ability to maintain communication with their Success Manager, instructors and internship employer;
- Develop student internships in industry that will be monitored and employer assessed, and students will be hired by the employer;
- Develop a pipeline of students from high school to the college classrooms through partnerships with Career and Tech Ed. programs.
The full Abstract, Executive Summary and also the Technical Proposal submitted for the grant can be downloaded from the US DOL website.
Curricula, coursework and other materials developed under this grant is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. Please click on the logo for the full license.